You are here
Aspects of Human Enhancement
The ISR project on Human Enhancement, pursued by Lucia Galvagni and Boris Rähme, focuses on ethical questions concerning various practices and techniques of enhancing human performance by technological means. It has led to the publication of a special issue of the Italian journal of medical humanities L’Arco di Giano, with articles covering a broad range of topics from cognitive, moral, and genetic enhancement, as well as to an international two-day conference entitled “Aspects of Human Enhancement”, held at the Center for Religious Studies. Several internationally renowned neuroscientists and philosophers contribute, among them: Roland Benedikter, Dieter Birnbacher, Allen Buchanan, Ruth Chadwick, James Giordano, Russell Powell, and John Shook.
- Boris Rähme, Lucia Galvagni; Alberto Bondolfi (eds.): Enhancement umano: un dibattito in corso. L'Arco di Giano: rivista di medical humanities 80 (2014).
- Lucia Galvagni, Boris Rähme: Enhancement umano: aspetti di un dibattito, L’Arco di Giano – Rivista di medical humanities 80 (2014), pp. 7-10.
- John R. Shook, Lucia Galvagni, James Giordano, “Cognitive Enhancement Kept within Contexts: Neuroethics and Informed Public Policy”, Frontiers in System Neuroscience 8 (2014), pp. 1-8.
- Boris Rähme, "Is Evidence from Social Psychology and Neuroscience Relevant to Philosophical Debates in Normative Ethics?", Annali di Studi religiosi 14 (2013), pp. 145-165.
Related events and talks
- Aspects of Human Enhancement, International Conference FBK-ISR, Trento 20-21 May 2015
- Boris Rähme: Is evidence from social psychology and neuroscience relevant to philosophical debates in normative ethics? Talk at the Congrès ATEM "Quelle identité de l’éthique théologique aujourd’hui? Pour quel service?", Trento, FBK-ISR, 28 August 2015
- Lucia Galvagni: How Do We Speak About Enhancement?, presentation at the "International conference Enhancing Understanding of Enhancement", Belgrade, 27-29 October 2015
- L’Uomo Tra Potenziamento e Riduzione, Convegno teologico FBK-ISR, Trento 7-8 maggio 2015