- Sociological Theory
- Cultural Sociology
- Philosophy of Science
- Migration studies
- Memory studies
Bernardo Armanni joined ISR in April 2022.
He graduated in Sociology and Social Research at the University of Trento, participating in the International Joint Master’s Degree in Cultural Sociology, involving Graz University, Zadar University, and Masaryk University in Brno. His thesis analysed memorialization processes concerning migrations. He also attended a course in Cultural Sociology at Yale University.
In 2019, he collaborated with ERC-StG HOMInG by spending two months in London doing fieldwork and administering CAPI interviews.
From 2020 to 2022 he was research assistant at ERC-StG HOMInG, had numerous research collaborations with the University of Trento and took part in international conferences, workshops and publications. He is a member of the international Memory Studies Association.
• Boccagni, P., Armanni, B., Santinello, C. (2021). A place migrants would call home: open-ended constructions and social determinants over time among Ecuadorians in three European cities, Comparative Migration Studies, 46(9) https://doi.org/10.1186/s40878-021-00256-y
• Armanni, B. (2021). Mapping the meanings of home through art: A large-scale exploratory analysis of art exhibitions on home. HOMInG WP, 12, 2021. Available at: https://homing.soc.unitn.it/publications/working-papers/
• Armanni, B. (2020). In the same boat? Memory and collective identity in Italian migration museums. Proceedings of the conference “Between Immigration and Historical Amnesia – Third Conference of the Symposium Diaspore Italiane – Italy in Movement”. Available at: http://www.diasporeitaliane.com/
• 5-7 April 2022 / 8-10 September 2021 – Participant in the first two editions of the international workshop “Memory and meaning making: a collaborative experiment in analysis” – University of Trento.
• 24-25 November 2021 – Speaker at “Stay Home Stories – Covid19 and Home” – Queen Mary University and Museum of the Home – London.
• 5-9 July 2021 – Speaker at “Convergences: 5th Annual Conference of the Memory Studies Association”.
• 27-29 June 2019 – Speaker at “Between Immigration and Historical Amnesia – Third Conference of the Symposium Diaspore Italiane – Italy in Movement – Genoa, 27-29 June 2019.”