Religion and Innovation - Workshop and Lecture Series 2018
The goal of this workshop and lecture series is to explore an under-researched territory: the relations between today’s religion (institutions, communities and community leaders, religious practices, beliefs and values) on the one hand, processes of innovation in various – partly overlapping – fields such as science, technology, politics, culture, the law, and religion itself, on the other.
The event series continues, consolidates and develops the research work on the multi-faceted relations between religion and innovation in contemporary societies that has been pursued by the Center for Religious Studies (ISR) of Fondazione Bruno Kessler since the adoption of the mission on religion & innovation in June 2016. The topics to be discussed and analysed cut across the four ISR research lines “Conflicts”, “Values, Science and Technology”, “Spirituality and Lifestyles”, and “Texts, Doctrines and Traditions”.
The workshop and lecture series will engage scholars of religious studies and researchers/practitioners in diverse fields of innovation in a sustained dialogue. Moreover, it will make ISR’s work on religion & innovation accessible to a non-specialist audience through a series of dedicated lectures in Italian.
SEMINARS AND WORKSHOPS IN ENGLISH
- 25-26 January 2018 | Conceptual and Normative Underpinnings of Religion & Innovation Discourses
- 5-6 February 2018 | Religion and Video Games and Simulated Worlds
- 5 April 2018 | New Spaces and Architectures of the Sacred
- 17-18 May 2018 | Digital Religion & New Media
- 21 June 2018 | Religious Diversity and Social Innovation
- 12-13 September 2018 | Religion in the Conceptual History of Innovation Discourses
- October 2018 | Technological and Financial Innovation in the Film Industry: The Religious Factor (in collaboration with the Religion Today Film Festival)
- 19-21 November 2018 | Final Conference: Religion in the Innovation Landscape
SEMINARS AND WORKSHOPS IN ITALIAN
- 25 January 2018 | Perché Dio cambia lingua? Dinamiche d’innovazione nella comunicazione religiosa
- 6 February 2018 | In principio erano i bit: genesi e fede dei mondi videoludici
- 5 April 2018 | Nuovi spazi per la spiritualità e la pratica religiosa
- 17 May 2018 | Innovazione mediatica e rappresentazione di sé: il caso dei Testimoni di Geova
- 20 June 2018 | Nuove politiche religiose cercasi. Come gestire il pluralismo religioso nell’epoca post-secolare